The introductory briefing on labor protection05 Mar 2022 - Flaaim
In today’s note, we will consider the main issues of introductory briefing on labor protection: with whom, when, and how it is conducted out.
The general information
The introductory briefing on labor protection - one of the types of employee training, which includes familiarization of the employee with the hazardous and/or harmful production factors available at his or her workplace, local working conditions, internal work regulations, etc.
To whom the introductory briefing is conducted
The introductory briefing undergoes all employees who are hired, as well as employees seconded in the organization and employees of third-party organizations performing work on a dedicated plot.
Who conducts the induction briefing?
The introductory briefing is usually conducted by a specially appointed person with appropriate education in the field of labor protection.
Where is the introductory briefing conducted?
The introductory briefing necessary is conducted in a specially equipped room - the office of a specialist of labor protection.
Approximate program of induction briefing
The introductory briefing is conducted according to a specially developed program. The program is developed taking into account the specifics of the production activities of the enterprise, the quantities of employees, etc.
The approximate introductory briefing program should reflect the following topics:
- The general information about the organization, the number, and characteristic features of production activity. Location of main subdivisions, workshops, services, auxiliary premises.
- The main provisions of labor legislation and labor protection: 2.1. Individual employment contract, working times, and rest time. The guarantees and compensations. If necessary, regimentation of labor of women or persons under 18 years of age. 2.2. The rules of internal labor order, labor discipline. 2.3. Liability for violating the rules of internal labor regulations. 2.4. Organization of work on labor protection. Implementation of state supervision and public control over the state of labor protection in the organization.
- The working conditions. Dangerous and harmful factors of production, are typical for this production. Methods and means of warnings accidents and occupational diseases: collective protection means, posters, safety signs, alarms. The main requirements for the warning of electric shock injury.
- The general obligations of employee on labor protection. The general rules of conduct of employees on the territory of the organization, in production and auxiliary premises.
- The basic requirements of industrial sanitation and personal hygiene.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE). Procedure and norms for issuing PPE, wearing period.
- The circumstances and causes of particular characteristic accidents, acute poisonings, crashes, fires that occurred in the organization and at other similar production facilities due to violations of safety and labor protection requirements.
- The order for employee actions in case of an accident or acute poisoning. The order of investigation and registration of accidents, and occupational diseases. The social security for those who suffered in production.
- The fire, industrial, and transport safety. Methods and means to prevent fires, explosions, accidents, and incidents. Actions of the employee in case of their occurrence.
- The first aid to injured persons and subsequent actions of employees in the event of an accident.