Snow Storm Safety Tips
Preparing For A Snow StormThere are several snow storm safety tips on how to prepare for a snow storm. If you know that a major storm is coming toward your town it is best to be ready for it. You could have to stay in your home for a few days. It's a good idea to make a snow storm safety checklist. When you here there is snow on the way you can grab the list and get ready. If you wait till the last minute and don't have a list you could end up forgetting important survival necessities.
- Make sure you have at least one sturdy snow shovel in the house. You will eventual need to dig yourself or your car out of the snow.
- Store enough rock salt to clear your walk ways and drive way after the snow has stopped.
- Keep a battery operated radio and extra batteries in an emergency kit. If the power goes out this maybe the only way you will know what is going on around you.
- If you have a fireplace make sure to stock extra wood to burn when it gets cold. If there is no fireplace in your home keep a kerosene space heater to use in case the electric goes out. No electric means no heat and it will get real cold real fast without some heat source.
- Stock flashlights with batteries and candles. You can use them if the power goes out.
- Buy enough bottled water for every person in the house. The general rule is two gallons per person for each day.
- Stock up on canned foods and other nutrients that do not need to be heated before eating.
Surviving A Snow Storm
Once you have prepared for the storm you just have to sit and wait for it to come. You can survive a snow storm by using some of these snow storm safety tips.
Snow is beautiful and can be fun when you use snow safety. There is no reason not to wish for a white Christmas. I know I do every year. Just think smart and act safe when out in the snow. That is the best way to live to see the snow again next year.
If you like this article, please help me to promote it. Share it with your friends!