Truck Camper Safety
Read also - Scaffolding Safety Tips
Oft times workers camp out at a job site until their project is complete and as such sometimes their is a lack of supervision during periods of the job. While sleeping in the back of your cab may sound cozy, it isnít. Many workers will bring along a pop up camper or truck camper they can attach to the rear of their pickup trucks. Some important things to remember if you have had this idea for your job are as follows:
- Make sure you have parked your truck a safe distance from the road.
- Your parking break should be firmly in place before you camp out for the night.
- All fastenings should be secured properly to your truck.
- If working in a busy area or on a major highway, place cones around your vehicle so that should a car get too close to you there is at least a warning that they have done so giving them time to steer away before it is too late.
- Lighting - Adding lighting to the area so that oncoming traffic can see your vehicle is a must at night if you know you will be on the side of a busy or highly trafficked road.
Automobiles are one of manís most dangerous creations and are the cause of many deaths throughout the year. Everyone hears about accidents on the road and most of us tend to ignore these tragic events, however as you know most accidents can be prevented through excellent safety measures. Truck Safety On The Road And Road Work Safety Is Just As Important If Not More Important Than In House Office Safety.
If you like this article, please help me to promote it. Share it with your friends!