Toolbox Talk Personal Protective Equipment
17 Jun 2020 - Flaaim
Topic: Personal Protective Equipment Checklist
Are there flying particles, dust, hazardous chemicals, extreme heat or light?
- Is proper PPE available and used? (e.g. safety goggles, face shields, UV protective glasses, welding shield)
- Does the PPE fit and is it in good condition?
Is there a danger from falling, flying or thrown objects, or other harmful head contact?
- Is the proper PPE available and used? (hard hat)
- Has the PPE been replaced as suggested by the manufacturer (usually annually for the suspension and every 5 years for the shell)?
Are there irritating dust particles or toxic fumes in the work area?
- Is there a respiratory protection program in place that includes annual fit testing?
- Is the proper PPE available and used? (e.g. dust masks, respirators, supplied- air respirators)
- Has the wearer been fit-tested in the last year?
Does the work require continuous lifting, twisting or bending?
- Are mechanical aids used, or proper lifting techniques followed to prevent musculoskeletal injury?
####Is work performed at heights where a person could be injured by a fall? If yes:
- Is proper PPE available and used? (fall prevention or fall arrest systems)
Is there continuous exposure to loud noises or sudden loud noises?
- Is proper PPE (ear plugs, ear muffs) available and being used?
Hands, arms, feet and legs: Does the work include pinch-points, irritating chemicals, extreme hot/cold or danger of injury to the feet or toes?
- Is the proper PPE used (e.g. long sleeves, chaps, work gloves, steel-toed boots)?