Construction Environmental Policy
28 Jun 2020 - Flaaim
Company name (the “Company”) accepts that its activities generate waste material. Therefore, the Environmental Policy of the Company is to ensure so far as it is reasonably practicable that all its operations will be carried out with a commitment to reducing waste, thereby protecting and enhancing the environment. The same commitment will be expected to be shown by contractors working for the Company.
Concern and awareness for the environment is a fundamental principle of the Company’s business.
The Company therefore seeks to comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulation. It also aims to establish higher standards of environmental performance including waste management where these are practicable and appropriate.
The Company employees are required to carry out their duties with concern for the environment. It is a condition of employment that all staff comply with this Environmental Policy Statement
In the event of an environmental accident or incident at work, it is a Company requirement that the details are promptly and properly reported to the Directors/Owners who will investigate and take prompt action to make good any damage and avoid recurrence.
All contractors working on behalf of the Company are required to adopt environmental standards fully consistent with those of the Company and they are expected to achieve comparable levels of performance as a condition of their contract.
In accordance with its stated policy, the Company has produced the following list of objectives as a sound framework for the introduction of practices to implement the Company’s Environmental Policy:
- Compliance with The Site Waste Management Plans Regulations 2008 (where appropriate) and Local Government Regulations
- Swift response to accidents or incidents that have a potential to threaten the environment
- The provision of advice on the safe handling of company products, their transportation and their final disposal to customers, contractors, etc.
- The disposal of any waste products in ways that show concern for the environment using only registered carriers to dispose of waste, and to recycle wherever possible
- To encourage the development of products, processes and equipment with concern for the future of the environment
- To communicate freely on environmental matters with government officials, employees, customers and members of the public
- To provide training for all employees, as appropriate, to enable them to carry out their job functions in a manner that shows care for the environment
- To carry out environmental audits when required
- To promote environmental principles by sharing experience with regulatory bodies, other companies, employees and members of the public
- In implementing this Environmental Policy Statement, the Company will focus on action to conserve resources and energy, to minimise emissions into air or water and onto land and to increase recycling rates
- The Company will also seek to influence legislative developments and improve public understanding of environmental matters concerning the business
This policy statement will be regularly reviewed and updated as necessary. The management team endorses these policy statements and is fully committed to their implementation
This environmental policy statement has been approved & authorised by:
Name: [Insert Full Name]
Position: [Insert Position, e.g. Human Resources Manager]