Air Compressor Safe Work Procedure
06 Nov 2020 - Flaaim
NOTE: DO NOT use this machine unless you have been trained in its safe use and operation. Description of Work: Using an Air Compressor
Potential Hazards: Electrical and compression hazard with the potential to cause harm through exposure to impact and cutting, noise and compressed air.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Required:
- Eye Protection
- Appropriate Footwear
- Hearing Protection
- Protective Clothing
## Safe Work Procedure Checklist: ### 1. PRE-Operation/Task:
- Task (e.g. Drawings, instructions, specifications etc.) is clearly understood.
- Ensure appropriate guarding is in place.
- Ensure release valve is clean and free from obstruction.
- Lock the wheels to prevent movement.
- Check all fittings are securely connected prior to being pressurised.
- Identify ON/OFF switch.
- Start compressor noting pressure increase and cut out/cut in pressure.
- Do not kink or squash the hose.
- Listen for any air leaks when using the compressor and report these immediately.
- Check the compressor pressure at regular intervals.
- Release the pressure in hose prior to uncoupling.
- Release the pressure from the hose and vessel.
- Store air hose off the ground to prevent contamination from dirt.
- Return air tools to their storage area.