Angle Grinder Safe Work Procedure
06 Nov 2020 - Flaaim
NOTE: DO NOT use this machine unless you have been trained in its safe use and operation. Description of Work: Using an Angle Grinder Potential Hazards: Exposed moving parts and electrical hazard with the potential to cause harm through entanglement, impact and cutting, exposure to heat, noise, projectiles, sharp objects, friction and sparks. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Required:
- Eye Protection
- Appropriate Footwear
- Hearing Protection
- Protective Clothing
Safe Work Procedure Checklist:
- Task (e.g. Drawings, instructions, specifications etc.) is clearly understood.
- Ensure the appropriate disc is correctly in place.
- Ensure work piece is securely clamped.
- Ensure appropriate guarding is in place on grinder.
- Identify ON/OFF switch.
- Check that the disc runs ‘true’ and does not wobble.
- Keep hands clear of work piece and away from disc.
- Turn off grinder at power point before changing the disc.
- Ensure guarding is in place before re-starting grinder.
- Ensure machines have been isolated from power sources before being cleaned, adjusted, maintained or repaired.
- Switch off grinder before removing waste material from the bench.
- Ensure disc is still in good condition before putting away.